TIP: BBQ chicken is
often difficult to cook properly. If you prebake the
chicken and then finish grilling it on the BBQ, the
results will be tender, juicy, and evenly cooked chicken
frying chicken - about 3 lbs, cut-up
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1-1/2 cups prepared BBQ sauce
1 cup beer
Dash of HOT pepper sauce
Place chicken into 13X9in baking dish. Melt butter and
brush chicken evenly with about half of it. Mix remaining
butter with BBQ sauce, beer, and HOT pepper sauce.
2. Bake chicken uncovered at 350F for 30 min.
3. Meanwhile, get coals evenly HOT on the BBQ
4. Dip partially cooked chicken in BBQ sauce mixture.
Place on grill over medium HOT coals.
5. Cook, turning twice, and basting with the sauce until
chicken tests done. When pierced with a fork in the
thigh, juices should run clear.
6. Dip again in BBQ sauce. Serve HOT or cooled. Remaining
sauce may be heated and served at the table as a dip.
Stir-fry Vegetable-Sausage Medley
TIP: As fresh
vegetables become available throughout the summer, you
can add them to this dish: yellow or green summer squash,
or edible pea pods are also an excellent addition.
salami, summer sausage, or thuringer in chunk form
2 Tbsp olive oil or salad oil
2 small cloves garlic, minced
3 medium onions, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 large dill pickle, cut julienne
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dill weed
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
sausage into 1/4-inch julienne strips.
2. Heat oil in wide frying pan, add garlic and onion.
Saute for 2 minutes or until onion is soft but not
3. Add sausage; saute for another minute, then add the
red & green peppers. Stir-fry over medium heat for 1
4. Add the pickle, salt & pepper, and dill. Turn heat
to low, cover. Allow to steam for 10 minutes.
5. Add the lemon juice and top with parsley. Serve
immediately, or allow to cool to room temperature, or
chill before serving.